Monday, April 2, 2012

Project: Easter Carrot Cupcakes

These cupcakes go perfectly along with any bunny or easter themed party!
I found the idea somewhere in the vast reaches of the internet last year.  I cannot for the life of me figure out where I got it.  So to whomever posted the idea originally - thank you!!

Here's how:
I just used a regular chocolate cake mix to make the cupcakes.  Frost them with chocolate frosting and I think it would be cute to add brown sprinkles.  

For the carrots just stick a marshmallow with a toothpick, then dip them in orange chocolate (wilton brand chocolate melts is what I used) and dip the tip of the marshmallow in orange sugar sprinkles.  When they had hardened I just stuck the toothpick down in the cupcake to stick them on.

For the green tops - I think the original poster had used cut up green fruit roll ups or something.  But I didn't have that so I used the green paper easter basket filler stuff.  I just piped some of the melted orange chocolate around the bottom to stick them on the carrot.

They turned out so cute!  And the kids all loved the chocolate covered marshmallows,

Another fun thing we added to this party was this:
I picked up this idea over at Hostess with the Mostest.

Some of the other things we served were jelly bean jello jigglers, orange soda, cheezit crackers.....a little healthy, a little not.  We weren't serving a meal - just providing a few fun snacks.

Photobucket

No comments: