Monday, June 6, 2011

Project: Chalk Board!

I hated this wall. Boring.
So I did something fun with it!
a Chalkboard.

I've seen the whole wall covered with the paint, but I'm a teacher...so I had to frame it :)

the paint.

Get enough paint so that you can do 2 coats.

the frame is the cheapest, smallest molding from the local hardware store painted red...under 5 bucks-per side. I used swirls to embellish the corners...

this is the backside of a wall-hanging I wasn't using...I painted black with regular black paint and used chalk to write on it.

After 3 days you have to chalk the entire thing  to "condition" it. (I was a little sad because I loved how black it was) This will help it to erase better in the future. After 7 days you can wash it down with water and soap.

I can't get the best picture because it is a partial hallway...
(if you are wondering what the white thing in the middle is...it's my thermostat, unavoidable.)
Be Daring! Find something to turn into a chalkboard...
think of the giant "To Do:" lists you could write...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love it and my kids would love it. What a fun idea.

Jana and Brett said...

Nikki! I love it! And I love the sign above it. :0) Can't wait to see what you Mod-Podged!!!

Emily said...

This is so cool i love it! It's fun for kids and adults!


Stopping by from the hop and am your newest follower! I also just started a new community for bloggers we would love to have you stop by: http://www.blogaholicnetwork.com