Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project: Pinterest Skirt

Have you seen this on Pinterest?
I have!
And it totally inspired me. 
I hopped on over to see  sewingin-nomansland.blogspot.com super easy tutorial and I was sold. I'm not much of a sewer, but I'm learning...so please don't judge. :0)
I sorted through my scrap box and found some cute material to work with. I cut pieces for the skirt, the skirt top and the ties.
I started by sewing the ties, flipped them right side out again and ironed. 
Then I doubled up the skirt top by putting together two pieces of fabric and sewing the top and the bottom leaving the sides open.
Then I sewed together the skirt up the sides, then using a loose stitch, sewed the top and cinched using the skirt top as my measurer.
I then flipped the skirt top right side out, and placed the ends of the ties in both openings, then sewed it shut. 
I kept the skirt inside out, and pinned the skirt top to it. 
Ta-Dah! Here is the front... 
And the back. 
The ties can be brought around to the front for a big loopy bow, or even tied in the back...

Or the ties can be doubled to bring a short knot to the front. Lots of possibilities and super cute for Spring! Now that I practiced, I want to make one for myself! Thanks Pinterest! :0) 

2 comments:

Steve and Katie said...

I LOVE it!! Now I need to raid my scrap box....okay so I have way too many projects to finish first, but its on my list! :)

Melanie said...

Yeah...it turned out SO CUTE! I love it and little "J" looked so beautiful in it.