Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Project: Inspired Top

 
I was inspired by Make It and Love It! Have you seen her last post? She made a dress out of material that I cannot wait to own someday: Pre-Ruffled Fabric! Love it! But today I owned Jersey Knit material, and so that is what I used for this top.
Step 1: I grabbed a shirt and measured side to side and top to bottom. (Tip: Use a shirt where you know you like how it hangs on your body.)
Step 2: Cut the fabric. (I LOATHE cutting Jersey knit fabric!) Tip: Have an iron handy to make sure you get even cuts. :0)
Step 3: Measure the sides that you will be sewing first on your T-shirt model right below the sleeve, then mark on your material. (You can see where I began sewing on my material...where the first pin is!)
Step 4: You can see this on the Make It and Love It site, where she cuts in a little toward the middle for the top part. I guess-timated on one side, then flipped those scrap pieces onto the other side and cut again. :0) I'm not a very technical sewer...or cutter.
Step 5: Iron AND pin before you sew your lining. I did arms first, then the bottom...
Step 6: Sew the top piece on the front and back leaving a 1.5-2 inch allowance for ribbon, or a piece of fabric as the tie.
Step 7: Thread your tie through and you are done! So Easy!

If I can do it, You can do it!
*Linky Party*

1 comment:

KatrinaMarie said...

I love all these fun shirts you are making!! And I have loads of Jersey knit.....sewing machine here I come!!!