Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Project: 4th of July Decor

For June's craft, I had to incorporate stars into my woodwork! I found the wooden stars in a 4 pack for .99 at Hobby Lobby, got out a scrap piece of wood, my paints and some festive paper...and I  couldn't ever forget my Mod Podge! hehe. It turned out to be a pretty cute door hanger. 
First up! I painted the stars white and my block of wood brown, once the stars were dry, I traced the stars and cut them out. Then I mod-podged the paper stars onto the wooden stars. After waiting a bit, I sanded the block of wood and the stars, pulled out my wood glue and my staple gun. I used wood glue to stick on my stars, and I used the staple gun to add the ribbon to the back. The embellishments were added using a Hot Glue Gun.
The whole project maybe took an hour! Super cheap and super easy! I can't wait to get more 'STAR' ideas! Thanks "Wood You Like to Craft"!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

that is REALLY cute. REALLY!

If I made this, it would mean I would have TWO independence day decorations. TEMPTING! VERY TEMPTING!

Ashley said...

this is so cute!!....i love it:)

Krystal said...

Adorable! I love everything about it! Great use of wood stars. Thanks for joining in the WYLTC party!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

This is so cute!!! I love everything about it. saw you at wood you like to craft.

following you now
ladeedacreations.com

Melinda said...

What a great idea :) I love how it turned out. Perfect for the WYLTC linky party!

The Allen Family said...

I love this! Especially as a door hanging cause I'm actually not a big wreath fan. Cute!

Crafty Sisters said...

What a fun patriotic project, and I love that it is a door hanger. The mod podged papers and the little yo pops the stars. Thanks for sharing with wyltc!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

I love it!!! My favorite is the middle star.
saw you at WYLTC
ladeedacreations.com
following you now

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

This looks great!

I am having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party and hope you will join in on the fun!
http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/07/red-white-and-blue-linky-party.html