Friday, May 27, 2011

Project: Little Girl Decor

For this project I spent this many dollas: 0!!! I used things lying around my house. An old piece of wood from my scrap pile, knobs that were switched out when I re-painted my end tables, some paint, some sandpaper and some ribbon! I was inspired by this site here. She actually inspires me alot! I love her sense of style.
My daughter loves her new Necklace holder. :0) (in case you were wondering what it could be used for...) 
Next up! Butterflies! And lots of em! I found this cute project here. I grabbed all of my old scrap pieces of scrapbooking paper, grabbed my son and my daughter to do this project with me...well, they love to use scissors, so why not let them practice, while I'm sitting with them. haha I cut out my own butterfly template out of a thick piece of cardstock, 3 sizes: Small, Medium and Large. And began tracing and cutting away. I also used Mod Podge for my finish instead of the spray, and it worked great! After they dried, I folded two indents leaving enough surface for the wall, and also making the wings pop out. Then I used Painter's Tape to stick em up. (We'll see how long they last!)

Yay for Little Girl's Rooms! :0) Have fun with this one!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

makes me wish i had a little girl (although not bad enough to actually have one right now...).

Kathryn said...

So cute Jana!! I would love an invitation to your private blog by the way...my email address is khaynie8@gmail.com. I hope you guys are doing great!!

jamirodana said...

Hi Jana! Invite me to your fam blog!
danawillis@gmail.com

Cool blog!