Thursday, July 28, 2011

Easy Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe

I recently graduated into my 2nd trimester and gained my appetite back! In my house, it's been takeout and fast food for weeks...(my poor family). The first recipe I was craving was this delicious one! Yummy Chicken Pasta Salad.
Here's how you can make it too. 
Pour a drained can of pineapple tidbits into a bowl. 
Chop up some green onion. (These were from my garden! Yay.) 
Toss it in with the pineapple.
Wash, pluck and half red and green grapes. Love those colors! Are you as ready for the holidays as I am? 
Add craisins for more texture. 
Grill up some boneless skinless chicken. Put that in the bowl. 
Boil up some Bowtie Pasta...(or as my friend would say it: Boat-ee Pasta). 
Whip up the Ranch-n-Mayo mixture. 
Mix in with the other ingredients. Let chill in fridge to let the flavors marry.
Top with some salted cashews before serving...
And scarf!
Easy huh! This recipe makes some awesome leftovers, and is great to take to potlucks, showers and brunches...ALL year long!

Chicken Pasta Salad
1 small can Pineapple Tidbits, drained
6 green onions, chopped
1 cup red grapes, halved
1 cup green grapes, halved
1 regular bag Craisins, (any flavor)
1 large seasoned chicken breast, grilled and chopped into bite size pieces
1 box (12 oz.) Bowtie Pasta, cooked and drained
1 can Cashews, salted or unsalted (I prefer salted)
Dressing
1 cup Mayo
3/4 cup Ranch

Mix 'dry' ingredients together. Do not add cashews until just before serving. They tend to get soggy if left in the fridge. Mix dressing ingredients in a seperate bowl, stir a couple of spoonful's of dressing with salad ingredients until you reach desired consistency. For this recipe I only used 4 spoonful's of dressing. Let chill before serving! Enjoy!


3 comments:

Melanie said...

looks super tasty. In fact, I have had it before. Unfortunately, our 5 year old is deathly allergic to cashews. We can't even have them in our house, let alone eat them. And that yummy salad is just not the same without them. Will you enjoy eating it for me?

Julia said...

my family likes that one too, only we use a mixture of coleslaw dressing & mayo. it adds a little more sweetness to it.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I made this and I must say it was YUMMY!!! Its a new favorite at our house now! Thanks so much!