Friday, May 20, 2011

Project: Toilet Paper Rolls

Toilet Paper Rolls...If people only knew I have these hanging on my wall. Well! I guess you know now!
I was inspired by this site.
All you need for this project are:
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun
Toilet Paper Rolls
Any color paint
Paint Brush
Paint the inside of the rolls, let dry. Cut the rolls into 5 equal pieces. Place in the design you want to create, then glue! Easy!
Tip: The hardest part for me was the painting...I tried two ways, cutting the rolls first, then painting or painting the insides, then cutting. I really thought painting first then cutting was more effective, and you tend to get better coverage. 
The best part is, I can always go back and add more! And even toss it when I'm ready for a new look!

Save those Toilet Paper Rolls! :0)

2 comments:

Emilee said...

Ive been saving mine for projects with my daughter... but maybe a few will go missing from her stock pile... Looks great! Very creative!

Melanie said...

That is SO CUTE! I could totally use something like that. (you saw my house last night. It's COMPLETELY undecorated. :)