Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Project: Festive Fridge Magnets

I was scrambling to find something to give to the ladies I visit teach. Then I thought I would make them a craft. :0) This project was fast and easy...just my style!
I cut some triangles out of an old cereal box. 
Then I went digging through my scrapbook paper and found these lovely shades of green and ivory. Perfect for a Christmas tree...I cut the first strip, then eye balled a couple centimeters bigger for every piece. 
Then I grabbed a pencil and started rolling, I then hot glued the end and let it sit while I made all the other rolls. 
After I placed and glued down the rolled strips of paper. I cut off the excess cardboard. I could have done more rolls, but I was in a hurry! 
I then cut some more pieces of cardboard for the trunk and top, and covered and glued some cute paper on those. Then I added a button. It would look super cute with more buttons all down the tree...but I didn't have any. :0) 
These honestly weren't going to be fridge magnets when I first started out. I thought these would be super cute framed, but I didn't have any extra (cute) frames either. So, magnets they would be!  
Tree #1 
...and Tree #2
I can't decide which tree top I like better. Have fun with this one! Take it and ROLL with it. hahaha. I would love to see your spin on this project.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh....those are SUPER CUTE! I'm just afraid to put that much effort into ANYTHING...my kids would destroy it in seconds! ha ha ha

Hey...don't forget to come over and enter into my giveaway, ya?

Jana and Brett said...

Thanks Mel! You should have the boys make one! And I just entered your giveaway...twice! Thanks! :0)

I am LOVD said...

I like tree #1. This is such a cute idea I pinned it so I can remember to do this next year.