Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Project: Party supplies from the Dollar Store

My daughter just turned 4 today, and told me she would love an Ariel themed birthday party...not in those exact words...but I got it. :0) After googling a few birthday cake sights for ideas, this is my cake I came up with. My daughter had the flounder and Ariel doll, and I found the shells at the dollar store! I also split one frosting container in half, mixed one half turquoise and one half peach. Then I crushed some Graham Crackers for a 'sandy look'. 
The Ariel themed birthday is stuck here and there, but really it turned into a Princess party. :0) I found the foam crowns, ribbon and foam glitter stickers at the dollar store as well! 
 
Matching Princess decor? Another Dollar Store find. :0) 
Pin the Crown on the Princess game= ONE dolla. 
Had the glitter craft string on hand, but the beads were another find...score!
The velvet coloring Ariel's were found at the--what?...yes...the Dollar Store.
The grab bags I made from some scrap fabric, and they were filled with some of my daughters most favorite things. :0)
Nail polish, chapstick, play doh and Junior Mints. :0) ...and candy canes...not really her favorite, but I had them already...
Everything altogether cost a whopping 25 bucks. Not bad in trade of some fabulous memories. :0)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

SO SO CUTE! Sometimes I wish I had girls....sometimes. :)

BTW, I saw two of the little party attendees afterwards and they were ecstatic over the party favors. ECSTATIC! I'd say that's a success. :)

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

That is soooo awesome! 25 bucks! Really? Too Cool!

The Seiuli's said...

Love, love, love it!!!

Lisa Merkley said...

Mine was probably one of the little girls that Melanie referred to! She loved it! Great party and I LOVED the fabric that the party favor bags were made from!