Monday, February 6, 2012

Project: Valentine "Inboxes"

We like Valentines Day here at our house.  I like to treat it a little like the other big holidays and give it a little bit of its own season.  We start on February 1st.  With lots of little things.  Like the dinner conversations I posted before.  Which, by the way, my kids absolutely love!!  They are so excited to sit down to dinner and see what they get to do during the meal.

We also make little valentine boxes.  These boxes act kind of like an inbox.  They can leave notes or surprises for each other throughout the day - and they are encouraged to do so.  But every night my husband and I leave something in the box.  Some nights its a special note, sometimes a piece of candy or a coupon for a date.  Again, the kids love checking their boxes each morning, and they feel so special and....loved!  And isn't that the reason for this holiday anyway?

Some years they have helped me make them, this year I just whipped them up quickly while they were sleeping.

I grabbed a couple of cereal boxes and some coordinating scrapbook paper.  Some spray glue, tape, scissors, ribbon, and my heart punch.
 I cut the boxes in half, then trimmed off a little more so that I could wrap the entire box with one 12x12 piece of paper.  I sprayed the box with the spray adhesive and wrapped it up like a present.  Then just decorate!
Then just set them in a convenient place and enjoy sharing some love!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Melanie said...

oH....THESE ARE really CUTE!