Friday, February 24, 2012

Project: Girls Bow Organizer

My girl's bow collection was beginning to overtake the bathroom and I needed somewhere else to put them!  Enter: a super easy project.  

I took a large frame and removed the glass.  I used foam board in place of the back - because thats what I had - and it worked well.  You can find large frames with all kinds of crazy pictures in them at the thrift store for amazing prices.  For this project the frame is all that matters anyway! (And there is always spray paint if its seen better days).
 I wrapped the foam board with fabric and taped the fabric to the back.  I later went back and re-stuck the fabric with hot glue.  Then I took ribbon and did the same.  Position, wrap, then hot glue.  Most of the 'bow organizers' I've seen just have straight up and down ribbons.  I am all about re-useablilty.  So I added some diagonal ribbons so that once they are done with all their ribbons and bows they can use it as a picture/note board as well.
 I added a few accent buttons and ribbons.  Because I had used foam board, I just stuck pearl head pins through the buttons and the foam then bent them on the back with pliers and hot glued them down.
 I also added an accent bow in the top corner - for the picture board idea....
 Then I put it in the frame and hung it on the wall in the girl's room!  Seriously took me about an hour.  So this is the view as a picture board....
 And this is what it looks like as a bow organizer.
Ahhh....so nicely organized.  Now what to do with all that space in the bathroom!?!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That is SO CUTE! Makes me wish I had a girl in the house (besides myself, of course).