Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project: High Chair Cover

Hey all! It's been FOR-E-VER since I last posted on here, mostly because I've been busy with this fun creation. I can't believe he is almost 3 months! He has just started taking wonderful long afternoon naps, and today I decided to pull out my sewing machine. :0) 
Yesterday while cleaning out my garage, I found this little guy...he will now be our high chair for Child #3...Have you seen these before? They just get buckled on to the regular table chair. They come in all sorts of colors and usually have a really cute cover...except we don't, because I put it in the washer...even though the tags on there said not to...yes-the machine ate the cover...my bad. Those people really do know what they are talking about!
Anywho-my little guy really likes sitting in his chair already, so I thought I would whip up a cute cover. 
Out of Jersey material! My fave. I grabbed an extra piece from my scrap pile and sewed up the sides, then I fit it on the chair. To reduce the pillowcase square look... 
I cut rounded edges on the top, and sewed those up. 
After that, I turned it right side out and sewed on a little embellishment on the front. I wanted so badly to go to Hobby Lobby to get those cute patches...but gas is so expensive these days, and I wanted to keep this a nice easy and free project. :0) 
Glorious! Fits like a glove, and will be easy to grab and throw in the wash too!
For my little T man.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I need to make a new cover for ours (been used through all 4 kids) and I was not sure how to go about it. Now I have an idea. Thanks!