Thursday, March 15, 2012

Project: Thinking Green!

The weather has been BEAUTIFUL here in Chicago Land.  As a result I have been oh so busy enjoying it!  We spent 5 hours total at the park the other day - so fun!

Hopefully, if you are a procrastinator like me, this post will give you a little inspiration to make this often forgotten holiday just a little more fun.

The night before we'll be doorbell ditching some Lucky Charms to a few friends.  
You can get your printable Here.

We'll be starting our day with a St. Patricks Day Scavenger Hunt inspired by the Dating Divas.  Seriously - I LOVE their site!!  There are so many fun ideas.  We just used their Nerf Wars Date idea for our friends surprise birthday party.  It was a blast!  And it was something that the kids and the adults all had so much fun with.
When thats all done with I'll get the kids all dressed in their green and give my girls a little Clover hairdo

The weather has been so gorgeous that I've been seriously craving a BBQ.  So I planned one!  The first available date was the 17th so it turned into a St. Patrick's Day Party.  I know, I know - we'll have the corned beef on Sunday.  I NEED me some BBQ!  I've been coming up with some fun things to make the party a little more festive
I am in love with these Tissue Paper Pom-Poms.  (this is above my kitchen table) They are so super easy to make.  And CHEAP!  I just hung them with fishing wire. I loved these ones so much that I'm going to make some for my girls room.  WAY less expensive than curtains, and much more fun. I promise I'll show you when I'm done :)  The shamrocks are foam cutouts decorated by my kids a few years ago.
I've had these pretties up all month.  I found this Subway Art Printable as well as a beautiful Irish Wish.  Such simple and cheap decor!  And I LOVE how they look!  I just printed mine on photo paper with my printer at home.  But even getting them printed at the store is under 20 cents!  I have a couple of frames that I rotate through the holidays with.  (Thrift Store and Spray Paint - love it!) The vase is just filled with dried split peas topped with a candle.

As for the menu:  We are having a potluck.  I never have a party (where a meal is served) any other way.  I think people who cook the entire meal for a group of over 15 are entirely insane.  Our favorite way to BBQ is bring your own meat and a side to share.  I'll provide drinks....To include Leprechaun Floats (lime sherbet in Sprite).  Also a few fun and festive desserts....
Lucky Leprechaun Bark over at Your Home Based Mom.  Seriously - made with Thin Mints? (or Keebler Grasshoppers)  Count me in!
This Bit O' Green Popcorn  from Skip to my Lou is going to be a huge hit with the kids.

Not only are these desserts all kinds of yummy they will make great centerpieces for the table!  I'll probably throw some green grapes on there too.  I'm still trying to decide what to make for my side dish.....pasta salad is sounding very yummy - and I don't even need food coloring for green noodles :)

Happy Green Day!!

Photobucket

No comments: