Friday, August 3, 2012

Project: Book Wreath!

Pinterest has been exploding with several variations of the book wreath as of late, but I found one I totally fell in love with.

I was inspired by this blog: HERE
It is totally cute,
but like every craft,
everyone does it differently :)

What you need:
Floral wreath
a cheap book-w/plenty of pages! (I used 343pgs)
acrylic brown or gray paint
paper towels
glue gun
ribbon for hanging

Found this floral wreath at the dollar store-I cut it to make two because it was thicker than I wanted.
Bought this at the dollar store for the pages...
I mixed brown and black acrylic paint, wiped it on a paper towel and ran it on the edges of the book and let it dry for ten or so minutes.
Do you know how hard it is for a reading teacher to tear pages out of a book? :)


Start by putting rolls on the top-shooting out like a sun,
 then flip it over and use that as your back side,
 then filled in the center so it was pointing forward.
I have about 7-8 layers from back to center...
Fill in, covering the color of your base.

To hang a foam wreath, you need to put a ribbon around the top :)
I did a small piece, not to be seen...
Super easy, super cute, but time intensive.

I have it hanging in my house, but it's moving to my classroom over the library in a couple days!

1 comment: