Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Fun Friday

Heres a little more summer fun for you!

I have girls camp in a week and a half (all that fun coming soon) so I've had to start cracking down on preparations.  This week was a little more low key for us.  Okay, maybe only a very little.  We did have two birthdays to celebrate.

At Home Activities

- The kids spent some time playing legos.  They each built houses then got creative with the remaining pieces.  Some of the sizes were pulled out and split up for money and with the rest they created things to 'sell' to everyone else.  Flower pots, tables, cars etc.  They had so much fun with it - and it entertained them for hours!

 - We washed the cars
 - We made chocolate no-bake cookies.  My kids call them Gorilla Poops (insert eye roll and a crooked smile)  I love these because they are peanut free without having to buy any special ingredients!  Oh, and I don't have to turn on the oven in the middle of the summer.  No one in my family has peanut allergies, but the 2 kiddos I babysit do.  This recipe fit the bill this week - being able to make cookies with them without having to plan ahead! Scroll down for the recipe
- We tie-dye'd t-shirts!  We used the sharpie tie-dye method I found over at Obsessed With Paper Art.  I love the flowers she made.  I'm starting to think I should make me one!  I loved that it was SO easy.  No mess at all, my kids could create whatever they wanted with only a little supervision, and they loved the shirts that they made themselves!

Away From Home Activities

- We spent a couple of afternoons at the park.  On one of the days my girls got this 'imaginary baseball' game going.  It was adorable.  I was amazed at how positive all the kids were in their encouragement with eachother and what good sports they were when whoever had the ball decided they were out.  They were stealing bases, hitting home runs - the teams were completely mixed up and no one kept score, but they had a blast!  If you use your imagination, anything can be fun!


- We took advantage of the twilight hours at one of the pools close to us.  From 5pm-close it is only $3/person.  AND you can use their BOGO coupon, so for all 6 of us it was $9.  Sweet!  

Recipe

Chocolate No Bake Cookies
2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Milk
1/2 c. Shortening
3 Tbs Cocoa
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 c. Quick Oats

Combine all but vanilla and oats in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Take off the heat and add vanilla, stirring constantly.  Add oats and drop by spoon onto tin foil or wax paper.  They will harden as they cool.  You may increase oatmeal if thickening is necessary - too much oatmeal will make them dry.



Pin It

No comments: