Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Project: Calendar Blocks

I have had these unfinished blocks in my craft cabinet for almost 2 years now, and I was itching to do some kind of craft for no monies...So I finally pulled these out and went diving into my scrap scrapbook paper box. :0)

What I used:
  • Paint (white for the wood and numbers, brown for the edging)
  • Sand paper
  • Stencils
  • Mod Podge
  • Scrapbook paper (8 different flavors :0) 3 papers for each block, 1 used for the backing of the month clippits, and 1 for the bottom block) 
First I painted the wood white, mod podged the paper on the block, then sanded away.
Then I grabbed an old washcloth and rubbed some brown paint around the edges, then wiped clean.
Finally I stenciled the numbers on the blocks like so:
The First Block have the numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
and...
The Second Block have the numbers 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 (The 6 can be used as the 9!) 
The cricut machine is still on my wish list, so for the month clippits I got on my trusty computer and picked out a font I liked off of Word, printed them out, cut, mod podged them on my last piece of scrap book paper and rubbed some brown paint around the edges to match the rest of the blocks.
Not too bad for a free project! Now go and see what you can whip up from your craft cabinet! :0)

1 comment:

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

Love them! Super Cute!!!