Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Project: DIY Nursery Mobile

I have been searching the market looking for cute rocket mobiles to match my new nursery. I found quite a bit, but either the colors weren't right or they were just too expensive...
I was inspired by my new baby comforter that came with my new baby bedding set! I went searching around the house and found...
...some Fun Foam, and glue and scissors...
and free handed these babies. A tip for free handing anything that I find useful. Freehand your first one, then use that one to trace any multiples. That way no one will question your freehand work, including you! :0)
Then I grabbed my husband's fishing line, and thought about using some type of weights for the bottom. (I didn't end up using the weights.) 
Then I cut and painted a 1/2 inch dowel. Then I drilled holes with a 1/16 drill bit.
Then I started stringing making sure I had a pattern in place before I began. 
Loving how it looks in the nursery. Here's a peek! Next Nursery Project: Curtains!

No comments: