Saturday, September 3, 2011

Healthy Low-fat Banana Zucchini Bread

These made my house smell fall-ish. I love the smell of Fall. I found the recipe online, and made some tweaks here and there. You won't be sorry you tried this recipe. 
Gotta love Low-fat Margarine...hehehe.
I used two cups flour, instead of using wheat flour. I left out the cinnamon, only because I used Applesauce with Cinnamon. And I also left out the raisins, because my pregnancy tastebuds found the thought of it revolting. :0) I also haven't invested in a second loaf pan. So I used the rest of the batter for muffins (as pictured above.) Delicious. And smells wonderful!

Directions:

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-low-fat-banana-zucchini-bread-239027#ixzz1WS1LPpOO

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Whisk together white flour, wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
  4. Add the sugar, oil, applesauce, and mashed bananas to the eggs; mix well.
  5. Add the vanilla.
  6. Combine the wet and dry mixtures. Stir until just combined.
  7. Fold in the zucchini and raisins.
  8. Pour into 2 lightly greased loaf pans (9x5-inch).
  9. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Cheers!

2 comments:

The Larsen Gang said...

That does look SOOOOO good. YUM!

Melanie said...

Whoops...I was logged in as my sister in law just now...oh well, I bet she thinks they would look SOOOO good too!