Saturday, January 21, 2012

Project: Simple flower hair clips

Flower hair clips are such a cinch to make its a shame that anyone ever pays $6-$8 for one!  

For starters, get some silk flowers, jewels, and clips - on sale! - at your local craft store.  Things are always better when they are on sale :0)
 Pull the flowers off the stems
 Take the center out of the flower
 Starting with the bottom layer of the flower, hot glue it onto your clip
 Keep glueing the layers to each other until you get to the top

Glue a jewel, or lots of little ones, in the center and voila!  You are done!  Now take all the extras and gift them or sell them.

I made these as part of the goodie bags for my daughters birthday party and it seriously took me about 20 minutes to make 8.
 As a side note:  Honestly, the biggest reason why I started making the flowers instead of buying them is because of the clip itself.  I can't tell you how many flowers we've lost to the black hole of the school playground because they were made on an alligator clip.  So I make mine on "French Clips".  Haven't lost one yet!  Oddly enough, I usually find them near the jewelry/bead section at the craft store.  Not with the ribbons etc. like the other clips.


Photobucket

No comments: