Saturday, July 28, 2012

Project: Menu Board!

I have been using my kiddo's chalk board as a menu planner, while I know he doesn't mind, I figured that it was time to get serious about some menu board ideas!

I am very lucky because a friend of mine, saw that I had pinned several variations of menu boards trying to decide what I liked, so she invited me over for a playdate/craft afternoon. Which meant that we got to get together 3 times working on it! (choosing the style, shopping for the frame and fabric, putting it all together!)
Crafting with friends is my favorite!

After MUCH deliberation we ended up liking this style best!
Picture frame, 12''x18''
Used coupon from the website @ Micheal's.
Ended up being around 7 dollars. There are cheaper frames for the same size, I just really liked this frame best, I like the thicker edge.

I used fabric for the background.
Used a Sillouhette to cut out circles, letters, and rounded rectangles.
Tacky glued it and stuck it back into the frame!

Finished!
That was easy...
now...what to make for dinner?

No comments: